“Unitized“ is the term that we emphasize at Estilo Group.
It’s used to refer to the most complete form of modular construction.
The generally agreed-upon definition for Unitized construction is that more than 60% of the construction is completed offsite.
We focus on unitized because it creates the least disruption and requires minimal on-site labour.
The building arrives in larger more complete pieces with windows, ventilation, roofing, lighting, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc completed.
The large, almost complete, modules can be quickly assembled (and, when desired, moved).
- Construction Unitized buildings are built to the same building codes and standards as site built structures.
- Faster Build completion faster by up to 60% (depending on country) compared to in-situ construction. Additionally- inclement weather delays are reduced.
- Funding costs reduced as end product is brought to market quicker reducing payback period on investment.
- Greener – when building off site in a factory controlled environment waste is eliminated by recycling materials, controlling inventory and protecting building materials from the elements, hence reducing moisture damage.
- Modular is a lean construction method engineered to cut out any construction waste.
- Safer – reduced onsite activity affords a cleaner worksite resulting in increased worker safety with less disruption on site.
- Quality – unitized modules are built in a controlled environment improving quality control and workmanship ensuring consistency in deliverables.
- Area Impact – reduced onsite traffic from workers, equipment and suppliers causes less disruption to surrounding business, residents and traffic.
- Flexibility – not simply rectangular boxes, modules can be custom designed to meet a wide variety of building sizes and shapes.
- Strength – when individual modules are locked together and sealed, the modules become one integrated wall, floor and roof assembly which structurally are generally stronger than conventional in-situ construction. The building is engineered to withstand any extreme weather conditions including earthquakes.
- Ratings – unitized buildings have greater levels of thermal ratings due to the wall design and products used in insulating each module. Acoustic ratings are also greater due to use of air gaps in walls, design and materials used in floors and ceilings.
- Security – unitized Modules arrive on site at lock up stage reducing the possibility of site theft and damage.
- Compliance – greater control over compliance of the buildings and therefore overall safety.