The team at Estilo work to improve the environmental social and economic aspects of the world in which we operate.
Our vision becomes reality by action programs and practices that reduce the use of natural resources, optimize energy efficient products and technologies and foster innovations. These creative solutions add value for our staff, clients, investors, communities and our planet. We are committed to find ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work.
It is Estilo’s policy to:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and requirements.
- Recycle all waste material.
- Reduce all waste material.
- Avoid the use of paper and postal services – e-mailing invoices and correspondence.
- Keep energy usage as low as possible through the use of low energy lighting, double glazing, solar driven air conditioners and insulation.
- In-room automation technology saves energy costs by turning off lights, computers and printers after hours.
- Purchase products made with recycled waste products.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and conferencing.
Focusing on the issues that matter
Health & Safety
The health and safety of our people is our top priority. We believe a zero harm environment is achievable. Safe workplaces result from a strong safety commitment by our management and our workforce. Unitized construction is proven to be safer and a quicker build time with less trades on site.
Our people are our greatest asset and our success relies on the ability to attract, train and retain the best at every level. We are committed to working honestly and openly with all stake holders.
Waste & Effluents
Factory unitized building means waste is kept to a minimum both during the manufacturing phase through to the on-site construction phase of the project. We work with suppliers of products to minimise packaging waste on all of our projects.
Water is essential to our wellbeing. We openly look at how we can improve water efficiency and or reuse for our sites.
We recognise that climate change issues are part of the political, social and regulatory landscape. We work to mitigate the physical impacts of climate change where we can and actively support the development of low emission technologies.
Our projects have minimal impact on air quality however we actively monitor our projects as part of our overall Environmental beliefs and policy.